Saturday, June 1, 2013

Community

I love finding community - people of a like cause and purpose, creating bonds and filling a space in our environment with love and goodwill. Without community in burlesque, there is just ego, a lack of creativity and purpose. Coming to Columbus, I have had to search out my burlesque community, and I have found a core of extremely supportive and loving people.

Antoinette Seducteur, Kitty Mystique, Miss Theresa, Krista Kitty and myself are the founding members of the Columbus Burlesque Collective. I designed and created a logo, then we created the Guidelines together. On May 31st, we launched the website and made the announcement, asking others to join us, with love.





I want to thank the Texas Burlesque Festival (Coco Lectric, Imogen Kelly, Dirty Martini and Lynn Raridon), Rena LaMarr and Tiger Roxx for their inspiration, assistance and support in creating the Columbus Burlesque Collective.


Please join me on the following dates, to feel the love of burlesque, performance and community. Especially at Community Festival. Since 1972, this festival has been run by volunteers and maintained by vendor and beer/wine booths, only. Everyone donates their time and performances, filling 6 stages from Noon to 10pm Friday through Sunday in Goodale Park, near Downtown and the Short North. Take a moment to check out how much there is to offer, the variety of community and the abundance of love available.


Saturday, June 8th
Babylon Rising
French Lick, IN
Camping Fee: $15.00
8:00PM
*I will be performing fire tassels with a live band, Mayan Ruins*


Friday, June 14th
Creme de la Femme
Circus
Columbus, OH
Doors: 9:30pm. Show: 10:00pm
Cost: $6.00
*I will be twirling fire tassels*


Saturday, June 15th
Prohibition
Hal & Al's
1297 Parsons Avenue, Columbus, OH
9:00PM
FREE SHOW!!


Saturday, June 22nd
A Night of Burlesque, featuring trivia and amateur tassel twirling
The Shrunken Head, 251 West 5th Avenue @Neil, Columbus
Doors: 8pm
18+
Cover: $7
*I will be twirling fire tassels*


Friday, June 28th
Columbus Burlesque Collective
Community Festival, Live Arts stage, Goodale Park, Columbus, OH
7:45 - 8:05pm
FREE!!
QUICK SET!! DON'T MISS A MINUTE!!!
*I will be twirling water tassels*


Saturday, June 29th
Circus of Cool
Community Festival, I Wish You Jazz stage, Goodale Park, Columbus, OH
4:00 - 5:00pm
FREE!!
*I will be reading my own poetry with live jazz music*



No comments: