Friday, March 1, 2013

LION

March is roaring in like a lion for me, especially with this morning's news.

I just learned that I have been accepted to be re-admitted to the Ohio State University for Fall Semester! I'm enrolling in their Fresh Start program and going back for my Bachelor of Arts degree in Sexuality Studies.

I would like to thank Annie Sprinkle for writing me a Letter of Recommendation, Nicole Henares for inspiring me to go back and to my parents for their loving support when I went back to receive my Associate of Arts degree Fall Semester 2012.

Last night, I received word that I will be published in the Writing Ourselves Whole chapbook, Fierce Hunger. The book will become available on March 2nd at their book release event at The Center for Sex and Culture in San Francisco. Please attend, help out an extraordinary group that works to heal survivors through writing. The chapbook is from those that have attended their workshops and have written about sex, violence, trauma and love.


I have several performances coming up, including going to Detroit and posing in the nude. I hope you can make it to one of the shows, or participate online in the benefit. I AM TWIRLING FIRE TASSELS AT FOUR SHOWS THIS MONTH!




Saturday, March 2nd
Shim Sham Shimmy Review
The Shrunken Head. 251 West Fifth Avenue @ Neil. Columbus.
$5.00 / 9:00PM
Featuring: Bellydance, Burlesque and the band, Besius.
*Twirling Fire*


Friday, March 8th
Creme de la Femme
Circus. 1227 North High Street @ Fifth. Columbus.
$6.00 / 10:00PM
Featuring: Bands, Burlesque and Comedy
*Twirling Fire*


Saturday, March 9th
Erotic & Roll
Victory's. 543 S. High Street @Hoster. Columbus
$5.00 / 9:00PM
Featuring: The Electro Cult Circus, Burlesque, Bands and Comedy
*Twirling Fire*


Wednesday, March 20th
Wild Goose Figure Drawing
Wild Goose Creative. 2491 Summit Street @Hudson. Columbus
7:00 - 9:00PM - ARRIVE PROMPTLY
$7.00. Tables, chairs and model provided. Please bring your own art supplies.
*I will be posing in the nude.*


Saturday, March 23rd
A Luscious Evening: A Benefit for Luscious LaMoan
Lushes LaMoan severely injured her foot and is still going through surgeries. Since she is not working, her medical bills are piling up. Which is why we’ve decided to host A Luscious Evening: The Benefit for Lushes LaMoan. Join us for a night of burlesque, varietease, and live music. We’ll also have a Fine Art Raffle, Rummage sale, Silent Art Auction, and a Spanking Booth.
So come dance, drink, bid, and get spanked!
Tangent Gallery / Hastings Street Ballroom. 715 East Milwaukee St, Detroit
*Twirling Fire*


If you are unable to attend the event, but would like to send in a monetary donation, please go to:
http://www.gofundme.com/22jmjw


As always, I'm available for private one-on-one or group lessons in burlesque. I come to your home and can stay 1-3 hours, depending on how intensive you want the lesson. We can cover a variety of themes: Confidence, Body Image, History, Technique and my specialty: Tassel Twirling. stephanie@ladymonster.com

No comments: