Friday, October 5, 2012

HALLOWEEN!

I love Halloween! The veil is thin, the dead are knocking on our doors, tricking or treating, having a good time. The best thing to do, is dress like them, blend in, to be sure everyone has fun!

I'm posting a song a day from October 2 to November 2 of some of my favorite holiday songs on Facebook and Twitter.

Last year, I created my Burn The S'more burlesque routine for the holiday. This year, I created my Baphomet routine. I am proud to get to perform these routines at the big show in town, TRAUMA at The Bluestone. Be prepared to be scared and Shout At The Devil! So much fun.

On a more serious note, I was asked by burlesque legend Satan's Angel to run a fundraising campaign for burlesque and comedy legend, Big Fannie Annie. I set up an page on Indiegogo, hoping to raise $10,000 for the down payment on her surgery. After being known around the world all of her life as "The World's Largest Show Girl", she is being told that gastric bypass surgery is her only choice. This controversial surgery needs to be done to lower her need for insulin, and to help her organs function properly again. The money we are raising is only a down payment on the surgery and doesn't go towards aftercare and other medical costs. She is currently bedridden, without health insurance and isn't old enough for medicare. Please donate what you can, leave a comment of love and goodwill or just share the link. She needs our help, otherwise she will die, needlessly. Big Fannie Annie paved the way for many a plus-sized performer, showing the world that fat people are funny AND sexy.

I have a lot of different shows I'm performing at this month. I hope you can join me, and more to be announced, so please keep checking in to this page to see what else pops up! Thanks so much for your love and support.


Friday, October 12th

Creme de la Femme
Circus, 1227 N High St @ 5th Ave., Columbus, OH 43201
Performing burlesque to a LIVE band, Change It Up Charlie
Doors: 9:30pm
Cost: $6.00


Sunday, October 14th
The Miss Burlesque World Pageant 2012
Aspen's Escape Club, 2210 E Dublin Granville Rd, Columbus, OH 43229
Doors: 7:00pm (for the pageant, see the schedule for events happening all day)
Cost: tba


Friday, October 19-21st
IDKE (International Drag King Contest Extravaganza) Conference XIV
Cleveland Agora, 5000 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44103
All Events Package: $40
I will be teaching my workshop, Positively Lovely at this important conference. Date and Time to be announced.


Thursday and Friday, October 25 & 26th
TRAUMA
The Bluestone, 583 East Broad Street (btw Washington & Rt 71), Columbus, OH 43215


I am available on Saturday, October 27th through to November 1st. I would love to receive more Halloween gigs. I have offers to attend parties in Athens, Louisville and beyond, but would LOVE to make people happy (and a little scared) with my burlesque routines, lighting my tassels on fire. xo



No comments: