Sunday, September 2, 2012

Revenge

I was recently asked to write a poem about Revenge. However, it's no longer a word in my vocabulary. I don't subscribe to vengeance. I would rather put love into the world and let what comes to me, fuel me. Making an exercise of anger, judgment, rage is empty and negative. Sure, we all have our momentary fantasies or times of venting, but I don't waste any time or emotion actually plotting, let alone enacting revenge. If someone wishes me ill or speaks ill of me, I send love back to them. I seek out community, not competition. I work together with others, not against them.
"I forgive you. I am sorry. I love you. I thank you." is the Hoʻoponopono prayer of forgiveness and reconciliation. It changes the energy around someone or a situation, repeating it each time they come to mind. For those that are unable to perpetuate an atmosphere of love, I say this prayer, and hold out my hand. There is another way.


Revenge is not in my heart
I move on, move forward, with the truth
I leave behind your dark cloud
The soot of burned bridges blinds you
Surrounded in anger, jealousy and fear
Fueling you like gasoline
Veiling what can be
Walking away
Feeling the heat of the fire behind me
It doesn't touch me
You are the only one getting burned
I wish you peace, love and that you find happiness
Pleasure me with your pulse in my hands
Holding it, leaving vengeance behind



September Performances and Appearances

Saturday September 1st
Viking Metal Fest
The Shrunken Head, 251 West Fifth Avenue @ Neil Ave, Columbus
- Thanks so much to The Shrunken Head, Miss Theresa, Winterhymn, The Conquering and Kingsblood for a great show and super fun time!


Tuesday September 4th
Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine
The Shrunken Head, 251 West Fifth Avenue @ Neil Ave, Columbus
Doors: 8:30pm
$7.00
18+
- Very happy to be able to help bring Jello into Columbus for this very special show.


Friday September 14th
Creme de la Femme
Circus, 1227 North High St, Columbus
Doors: 9:30pm
$6.00
Burlesque, Bands and Comedy presented by Platinum Mike Folker


Sunday September 16th
Blowfly
Double Happiness, 482 South Front St, Columbus
Go-Go Dancing with Miss Theresa and Krista Kitty for the Original Dirty Rapper! I've had the pleasure of opening for Blowfly and dancing for him before. Looking forward to reconnecting with him! Thanks to Paul Bearer of Rasputin Productions and BlowFly for the invitation and opportunity!


Thursday, September 27th
Cherie Blondell presents The ROCK Show
The Garage, 147 Vine Street, Columbus
Burlesque with The Ooh La Las featuring the music of Motley Crue and Guns-N-Roses.
- I will be debuting my Baphomet routine

No comments: