Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Reflection

August was a great month of reflection for me - to see friends perform, go dancing, provide lap dances (SHOWGIRLS at the CASTRO!), see theater, poetry readings and just get caught up. It provided me time to have long phone conversations, make new friends, reconnect, fill in the blanks or make clean breaks.

My job is not without its challenges, but it also affords me time to work in other areas of my life, including healing old trauma. It’s a complicated wheel, but I know that it’s turning and moving forward.

For September the ol’ performance ball is rolling again and I have a FUN line-up of events. I hope you can attend, or give me a call so we can also reconnect and spend quality time together.

Saturday, September 10th:
LE BOY – GOODBYE SHOW
Where: The White Horse. 6551 Telegraph Avenue. Oakland.
Doors: 8pm. Birthday Dance Party: 11pm.
Tickets: $10 (no one turned away from lack of funds)
Come celebrate all that Le Boy has brought to the drag and burlesque scene - and it's Dicky Luv's birthday. I'm lighting up a special treat for Le Boy's Big Blowout.


Friday, September 23rd and Saturday, September 24th:
FATDANCE: What A Feelin’!
Where: Laney College Theater, 900 Fallon Street, Oakland
Big Moves presents their annual big dance celebration and event.
MCs Marilyn Wann and Kirk Willett
I will be performing both nights.


Hold onto to your hats for October – that month for shows and events is EXCITING!!!, including:
All Neil Gaiman Naked Spooky Girls Reading on October 27th.
This event is endorsed by Neil Gaiman and will be tweeted and promoted by him. Tickets are on sale and are selling! I even have a couple flying in from Canada for this special event.
Also, for this event we will be participating in the All Hallows' Read book give-a-way. Please bring a scary book to pass along this tradition.

I will be spending my free time in September creating TWO new routines and costumes for different shows in October. Any costume/choreography help is welcome, if you want to hang out and get credit for these two new acts. Thank you for your support.

No comments: