Monday, February 11, 2008

Hiatus

I have decided to take a break from my show, The Lair of Lady Monster on Pirate Cat Radio.
This comes at a time of transition in my life, and for the Pirate Cat studio. The studio is moving into a new space, and there are no new broadcasts happening until all the brand spanking new equipment and construction is completed. And, I'm going to Los Angeles Feb. 22-24th for a vacation of sorts. My decision to take a break from Pirate Cat is based on what is going on in my personal life, and has no reflection on the staff at the radio station.

On my final broadcast, Saturday (02/09/08), the podcast did not record. I interviewed my friend, the renowned kinky photographer and anthropologist Charles Gatewood to help promote his new photo exhibit, and other projects.

Please check out the exhibit of his Wall Street series at the Robert Tat Gallery, located at 49 Geary Street, Suite 211 in San Francisco. There will be a reception on February 16th from 2-5pm and Charles Gatewood is scheduled to speak at 3:30pm. The exhibit is up until March 29th. Or, you can check out the images online.

So, to my listeners, I'm sorry for the lack of new transmissions. Hopefully I will be back on the air at a later date.
STAY TUNED!!

2 comments:

Fresca said...

Hi, Lady!
This is Fresca from Gugeo, where you left a comment (3-11-08). I am sorry to see your blog is not active right now--would you consider writing stuff other than you fab-sounding radio posts? I'd love to hear your thoughts about the Full Body Project and more on that whole subject!!! But I sure understand burn-out...
Alas, I am not in the Bay Area, I'm stuck out here in the middle of the continent. Actually, I'm linked to full-bodies of water by the Mississippi River, so I don't feel too bad.
Thanks for writing!

Lady Monster said...

Thanks for taking the time to write.

If you would like more information about the Full Body Project, you can check out www.myspace.com/fullbodyproject .
Leonard Nimoy has provided his exclusive permission to have me as the moderator of that page.

And, I have a regular blog at www.myspace.com/lady_monster .

More news to come on the radio front. But, as I said, I want to take a break. My last performance is on this coming Friday, so after that I will officially be on hiatus.

And, I'm not sure of the future for Pirate Cat as their brand new cafe was cited and fined by the ABC (Alcholic Beverage Control) of California for serving alcohol without a license. Hopefully they will be able to stay on the air.