Monday, March 1, 2010

Film Festival


Lady Monster Productions
presents
the First International Burlesque Film Festival
www.burlesquefilmfest.com


I am so excited to provide this opportunity to the burlesque scene and to such a great, film-loving community in the Bay Area.

I am so very proud of all of the filmmakers that have chosen to put a spotlight on burlesque and all of the amazing talent within our community.

And, I am damn happy to be part of this community and want my love for it to shine through in creating this festival. I hope that it is a success and brings a wide array of films for me to curate and choose. I have been volunteering for film festivals since I moved to San Francisco, and have been an aspiring filmmaker and aficionado of film for many years. Others who have been successfully producing film festivals for years have coached and talked me through it. The theater is renowned for showcasing independent films and a variety of film festivals. There is even PARKING nearby and a bar next door. Annie Sprinkle has said of my events “You are the best producer on the planet!”, so I have confidence I can pull this off. Please help me with your support and submissions.

Michelle L’Amour’s “Superstars of Burlesque” event in Chicago in August features a burlesque film festival and there are other festivals and events that include burlesque films. However, this event is EXCLUSIVELY about documentary film footage created to showcase the burlesque scene. All scenes are acceptable for submission: Neo, Classic or Historic or about a specific person, genre or region. All films should be a documentary and submitted by the filmmaker or, if the film is about you and you have the filmmaker’s permission.

Friday, Saturday, Sunday
November 12-14th
San Francisco
(all day on Saturday and Sunday)

Applications are being accepted now. I have created a Google document and the link is available on the website.

I have created the website: http://www.burlesquefilmfest.com/ (and still constructing it, so forgive me right now).


Submission fees:
$25.00 for feature-length
$15.00 for short films
$15.00 for additional films (separate application form required)
Submission Deadline: September 12, 2010

Partial proceeds from the festival will be donated to Legends of Burlesque, including Dixie Evans, the Marilyn Monroe of Burlesque.

TICKETS: Festival Passports, Day Passes and per show tickets will all be available. I will make an announcement once tickets are on sale.

No comments: