For this special NOIR Lair of Lady Monster, I interviewed Eddie Muller, the founder and president of the Film Noir Festival and Film Noir Foundation. Eddie is a charismatic gentleman that gives the best of interviews, providing so much information. It was quite a passionate exchange. Thank you Eddie for indulging my Femme Fatale fantasies, bringing these films to our special town every year.
The 6th annual Noir City Film Festival runs from Friday, January 25 - February 3rd at The Castro Theater in San Francisco, CA.
TWO RARE films per night, per ticket (not including matinees).
Amazing special guests - stars from the Noir silver screen, including Marsha Hunt. She will be there in person AND appearing in a BRAND NEW film (created by Eddie Muller), "The Grand Inquisitor", as the could-be widow of one of America's most famous unapprehended serial killers. Come to the premiere at the festival on January 26th!
Tickets are available here.
Check the website: www.NoirCity.com for the complete schedule of films and special appearances.
- Peter Gunn Twist: The Jesters (Las Vegas Grind - Crypt Records)
- 'Round Midnight: Thelonious Monk (Pure Monk)
- Travelin' Light: Julie London (Send For Me - Liberty Records)
- Detour: Leo Erdody (Crime Scene USA)
- The Killers: Miklos Rozsa (Crime Scene USA)
- Black Hair: Nick Cave (Outtakes from Boatman's Call)
- Private Hell 36: Leith Stevens (Crime Scene USA)
- The Man With The Golden Arm: Elmer Bernstein (A Man and His Movies - Mainstream Records)
- Investigation of A Citizen Above Suspicion: Fantomas The Director's Cut - inspired by Ennio Morricone's composition)
- Lonelyville: Combustible Edison (Schizophonic - SubPop Records)
- The Lost Weekend: Miklos Rozsa
- Kiss Me Deadly: Nat King Cole Trio (Frank DeVol, composer) (Crime Scene USA)
- Portait of the Minus Man: Lydia Lunch (Smoke in the Shadows)
My interview with Eddie Muller.
- The Last Picture Show: The Flaming Stars (Ginmill Perfume-Alternative Tentacles)
- Experiment in Terror: Henry Mancini (soundtrack)
- Street Scene: Alfred Newman (Crime Scene USA)