Monday, October 15, 2007

Beautiful


The theme for my show on Saturday, October 13th was: Beautiful, and claiming that word.

My guests for this show were Jukie Sunshine and Alotta Boutte.

I asked my guests to come to the show and share with me (and our listeners) their "beautiful" stories. I will be presenting/speaking at the Full Body Symposium at the R. Michelson Gallery in Northampton, Massachusetts on Saturday, November 3rd. This is part of the book release event for Leonard Nimoy's book of photographs, Full Body Project, of which myself, Jukie and Alotta are featured as models. (Yes, that Leonard Nimoy).

I want to thank my guests for sharing so much of themselves. I am asking for contributions of "Beautiful Stories", and will provide credit to anyone that provides that information to me. I would like to publish a book of these stories, to provide inspiration for others to create their own beautiful story, and to provide a momentary push-up for those that need a reminder that we are beautiful.

Jukie Sunshine is studying for her MFA at the Experimental Performance Institute at New College and performs burlesque with the Diamond Daggers. She has appeared on magazine covers, on various TV shows and on the silver screen. Watch out world - she's gonna knock you out with her amazing curves and talent.

Alotta Boutte has a lead role in the longest running musical in America, Beach Blanket Babylon. She has been performing since birth - a veritable all-around talent - tap dancer, singer, actress, burlesque performer and just drop-dead fabulous.

Both of these ladies will be appearing with me in Leonard Nimoy's new book of photographs, The Full Body Project.

Play List
Fuck You, I'm Beautiful: Linda Strawberry (The Lost Record)
The Operation: Charlotte Gainsbourg (5:55)
Change The World: Chelsea Beauchamp (Little Star)
Till Victory: Patti Smith (Easter)
Let's Make The Most of A Beautiful Thing: Nancy Wilson (Welcome to My Love)

Margaret Cho's Beautiful Story (as read live by Lady Monster)

I'm Hungry For Beautiful Girls: Eddie Cantor
East Village Girls: Jennifer Blowdryer
I'm A Bitch: Lady Speed (Songs in the Key of E(vil))
The Most Beautiful Girl in the World: Jackie Gleason
Pretty Girls Are Everywhere: Big Sandy and his Fly-Rite Boys (Rockin' Big Sandy)
'S Wonderful: Ella Fitzgerald (The Gershwin Songbook)

Interview with Jukie and Alotta.

I'm Beautiful: Bette Midler (Bathhouse Betty)
Love 'Em, Forgive 'Em: Candye Kane (Diva La Grande)
Somebody To Love: Jefferson Airplane (Surrealistic Pillow)
Beautiful Girls: Van Halen (Van Halen II)
Sunny: Leonard Nimoy (Spaced Out: The Best of Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner)
Beautiful: The Go-Gos (Return To The Valley of the Go-Gos)
My Love: Big Mama Thornton (Ball 'n Chain w/ Lightnin Hopkins)
Big Legs, Tight Skirt: John Lee Hooker (The Very Best of John Lee Hooker)
Somewhere Over The Rainbow: Pleasant Gehman, aka Princess Farhana

I found some information about Julie London on Emergency .

I'm A Woman: Peggy Lee (Is That All There Is)
Woman: Jim Carroll (Kerouac Kicks Joy Darkness)
Fly Me To The Moon: Julie London (YouTube video with Barbarella)

Thanks for tuning in folks.
"If you feel beautiful, then you are beautiful." - Miss Yvonne

No comments: