Friday, July 8, 2011

Broke, not Broken

Currently, I do not have a source of income. Unemployment has dried up. I've applied to about 1000 jobs this past year and no luck yet. Any leads are appreciated. I will move anywhere. I'm not choosy. At this moment I am waiting on pins and needles for an answer after having a good long interview. Please send your good thoughts that I get this full-time permanent job.

I had to decline performing at the Colorado Burlesque Festival this year. I do not have the money to travel. I was accepted to perform for the Friday night showcase. My best wishes to the producers of this fantastic event for a very successful show.

I was lucky enough to spend last weekend in a camper in Boulder Creek for free, located in the Santa Cruz Mountains for the Fourth of July holiday. I was so ready to relax and was in vacation mode before I arrived. Everything about the visit was beautiful and amazing. Then, while walking from the car to the Catalyst, my sandals fell apart. Thanks to my travelmate Elissa, we found a CVS and a $10 roll of duct tape. Soon we were dancing directly in front of The Reverend Horton Heat for an incredlbe 2 1/2 hour show!! Thank you to Annie, Beth, Elissa and Penny Slinger for your comfort, love, hospitality and friendship.

I have a few performances this month that may be my last in SF.

Saturday, July 9th and 10th
Lights, Camera, Action: Deep-Inside Madison Young
11am to 6pm
A film-making intensive workshop for everyone who wants to know how to get involved in making erotica - either in front of or behind the camera. $400. Register at feminapotens@gmail.com


Sunday, July 10th
Naked Girls Reading and Femina Potens presents:
NAKED GIRLS EATING

Doors: 8pm. Show: 8:30-10:30pm
at The *NEW* Center for Sex and Culture
1349 Mission Street (btw 9th and 10th Streets), SF
Tickets: $15.00 General Seats. $20.00 Front Row Seats.
DISCOUNT ONLINE TIX: http://ngrsf.eventbrite.com

Each reader will be reading scrumptious mouth-watering gastronomic tales. Readers include: Carol Queen PhD, Cherry Galette, Ophelia Coeur de Noir, myself and Special Naked Cast Member: Isis Starr
Please visit WICKED GROUNDS at 289 8th Street (@ Folsom) for Dinner before the show. WICKED GROUNDS will also be providing a variety of treats during the reading at the event.


Sunday, July 17th
The Miss San Francisco Gold Rush Pageant 2011
Hosted by the Grand Ducal Council of SF
Twinspace Studios
2111 Mission Street (@ 17th St), SF
5:00 - 8:00pm
Admission is $10
After-Coronation Party at Glama-Zone at The Cafe.
This year's CELEBRITY JUDGES include: HEKLINA (Trannyshack Legend), CASSANDRA CASS (Showtime Reality TV Series "Wild Things"), BEVAN DUFTY (SF Mayoral Candidate), KIT TAPATA (Reigning Mr. Gay SF) and ANJIE MYMA (Miss SF Gold Rush 2009).


Friday, July 22nd
Hubba Hubba Revue's OLD TYME RELIGION
Doors: 9:00pm. Show lasts until 2:00am.
This is my first burlesque performance at a Hubba Hubba DNA show. Please stay and cheer me on during the FINALE.
I grew up Holy Roller, so this night of blaphemin burlesque is right up my aisle.


Sunday, July 24th
DOLLY PARTON
I bought a ticket months ago (the day the tickets went on sale) to see Dolly at the Sleep Train Pavilion in Concord. I'm not sure how I'm getting there, but am thrilled to pieces for the chance to see her live in concert.

*****UPDATE*****
After posting this blog I have been invited to be a performer in C. Theodore Walker's production Babble On, BABALON. It takes place at Viracocha on July 29th. Wear a mask and get a free homebrew of Babalon Belgian Ale. Tickets are $10 each, available at the door.

AND!!!!
Amazing news!
If you would like to provide support, please send a donation to the incredible Jiz Lee. I am beside myself, feeling the love. Thanks can't begin to express my gratitude.
Every month she asks for donations for a non-profit, charity or individual. This time she is asking for donations to be given to me. http://jizlee.com/wordpress/karma-pervs-in-tide-pools-for-lady-monster/

2 comments:

T.R.L said...

SENDING YOU GOOD THOUGHTS AND COURAGE I KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE!!!

Lady Monster said...

I have received many emails in response to this posting. Thank you all so much for the outpouring of love, ideas and job referrals. Please understand if I don't get back to you right away. Lots of love! xoxoxo