Sunday, May 1, 2011

Tick Tock

(at Sunset) (alarm bell ringing)
I HATE TIME!

Time and I have always had a dysfunctional relationship.
We have never gotten along.
Man's concept of time.

Society's constraints.
The myth of Biological Clocks.
None of them are my friends.
I hold no faith in them.
I only need the Sun, the Moon, the Earth and my body
To say what time it is.
Ridicule, abuse, disrespect, anger and guilt
All follow my tardy ways like an umbilical cord that I cannot cut.
Today I smash time.
I conquer this concept of the ticking clock.
No more alarm bells to disrupt our lives.
These concepts will not bring negativity to this circle.
We all follow our own paths at our own time and pace.
Move forward. With the tides. With ovulation.
With the setting sun. With the birth of a new life.

This was the text to my performance art piece of beating a clock to death, smashing it with a hammer before Sadie Lune's ceremony/ritual for Beltane and to create a new life, to become a parent with Oberon. It was inspired by a series of questions that Sadie asked me several months ago for her project about biological clocks, fertility and wanting to be a mother. I felt like I completed that speech, as my gift. She and I have created art side by side many times in many ways over the years. I am blessed to have her in my life and feel even more blessed to have witnessed the creation of a new life, between she and Oberon.

"Punks don't wear no silly watches", Silly Watches by Gaunt

In other news, I am busy as a bee this May.
TONIGHT! May 1st.
Contest #5 Best Burlesque/Comedy/Vaudeville Act at Martunis. Hosted by Joe Wicht.
I will be a judge beside Douglas Good (Cabaret Verdalet, Little Minskys).
7pm. Martuni's (at Valencia and Market Street, SF).

Wednesday, May 4th.
Curvicious Cabaret: Benefit for Burlesque Hall of Fame and SF Legends
The Blue Macaw. 2565 Mission Street, SF
8pm. $10.00
All proceeds go to help SF Legends make their way to the International Burlesque Competition with the Burlesque Hall of Fame happening June 2-6th.
Click here to see the gorgeous flyer by Diane Cascioli.

Friday, May 6th.
International No Diet Day
Demonstration at Justin Hermann Plaza at the Embarcadero, SF
4pm - 7pm
Dance party to celebrate our bodies and being Healthy At Every Size

Thursday, MAY 12th.
Little Minskys
Club Deluxe, 1511 Haight Street @ Ashbury, SF.
10pm. $5.00
Celebrate both of our six year anniversaries! Little Minskys has been putting on shows at Club Deluxe every Second Thursday and I've been performing burlesque for six years as of this May.
COME OUT TO SEE MY LIGHT MY TASSELS ON FIRE!

Sunday, May 15th.
Naked Girls Reading: Burlesque Legends
The *NEW* Center for Sex and Culture. 1349 Mission Street (@ 9th St), SF
Doors: 8pm. Show: 8:30pm.
$15.00 General Seats. $20.00 To Sit With A Legend.
Discounted Advanced Tickets: http://ngrsf.eventbrite.com/
This event is a benefit for Satan's Angel and the Burlesque Hall of Fame's Legends Challenge.
There are two parts to the show. Naked Girls Reading, then performances and storytelling by Bay Area burlesque legends.
Naked cast: Lady Monster, Ophelia Coeur de Noir, Cherry Galette
Burlesque Legends: Holiday O'Hara, Isis Starr, Madame E, Viva La Fever and a special reading from his new book about Gypsy Rose Lee, Robert Strom.
For more information: www.nakedgirlsreading.com/sanfrancisco

May 20-29th.
The Sixth Annual Sex Worker Film and Arts Festival
The Roxie Cinema and SomArts Gallery
Please provide your support to this one-of-a-kind film and art festival. Shining a much-needed spotlight on why people choose to be a sex worker and support this lifestyle, documenting it through film and art.


Friday, May 27th.
Get The Money Up Front Cabaret
SomArts Cultural Center. 934 Brannan Street, SF
The party during the Sex Worker Film and Arts Festival. You don't want to miss this stellar line-up and all of the incredible talent showcased at this favorite event.

No comments: